Kennesaw State University Department of Dance
LOCATION: Kennesaw, GA
YEAR EST.: 2005
DEPARTMENT LEADERSHIP: Marsha Barsky
DTCB COLLEGE REPRESENTATIVES: Marsha Barsky, McCree O’Kelley
DEGREE PROGRAMS OFFERED: Bachelor of Arts in Dance
PROGRAM EMPHASIS: Modern & Ballet
CONTACT: Website | KSUdance@kennesaw.edu
SOCIAL MEDIA: Facebook
We’re Georgia’s largest undergraduate Dance Department, and we’re home to Atlanta’s premiere dance theater. Founded by Dr. Ivan Pulinkala, dean of the College of the Arts, the Department of Dance offers a Bachelor of Arts in Dance, unique professional partnerships, extensive co-curricular activities, and exciting performance and choreographic opportunities.
Our nationally and internationally recognized faculty fosters innovation in teaching and learning, combining the best attributes of a liberal arts education with superb dance training. Our dance studios and facilities are on the cutting-edge, providing students with all the resources they need to become artists, scholars and practitioners of dance. To prepare our students, we honor tradition, while at the same time pushing the limits of scholarship, studio practice, choreography and performance for the 21st century. Our graduates have the necessary skills to become the next generation of artists, scholars and bold leaders the field of dance, and beyond.
We invite you to be a part of the Department of Dance at KSU. If you’re looking for a rigorous and progressive dance curriculum, a student-centered environment complemented by professional experience, and high-caliber and enthralling performances, then we’re the home for you. Come to where imagination moves!
- John Welker – Director of Terminus Modern Ballet Theatre, former professional dancer with The Atlanta Ballet
- Armando Luna – Former professional dancer with Ballet Austin, BalletMet, Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre, & Atlanta Ballet
- Sicily Palms – Company Manager with The Atlanta Ballet
- Angelina Pellini – Stage Manager for Terminus Modern Ballet Theatre & Emory
- Christy Neal – Assistant Patron Service Manager with The College of The Arts at KSU
- Christina Massad – Artist with Fly on a Wall
- Monika Eisenheim – Dancer with The Georgia Ballet
- Bailey Jo Harbaugh – Dancer with Staib Dance
- Bekah O’Toole Crosby – Dancer with The Atlanta Dance Collective
- Olivia Rowe – Founder, Artistic director Esthete Collective
- Carrie Preus – Professional dancer with Ballet Spartanburg